Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taco Soup

I'm always frustrated around dinner time because I don't know what to fix. It needs to be something that we haven't had in a while, something quick and easy, something we have all the ingredients for etc etc... It's hard to get motivated to make soup in AZ, but the weather is getting cooler, so last night I decided to make Taco Soup. Not only is it quick and easy, a 3 year old can do it! Cameron opened all the cans and seasonings, dumped them in the pot and stirred it up. Then we made cornbread to go with it. When Chuck got home from work, C said, "Daddy, I made dinner." Indeed he did!

1 can of pinto beans, kidney beans, hominy/corn, and garbonzo beans (of course any beans will do)
2 cans of tomatoes
1 small can of green chilis
hamburger (browned) or soy meat
1 package of ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning

Mix it all together and heat it up. It's that simple and very tasty! You can garnish with sour cream and cheese.

No comments: