
Cameron finally got to ride the light rail! The light rail is new to the Phoenix area. It cost a lot of money to build, it tore up the city for years and still continues to do so, and it also has some major wrinkles that have not been ironed out. But it is fun for a 1 and 3 year old. So, Emma (who is on spring break) and Judy (aka Grandma Kitty, who is visiting) went with H, C and I to meet Chuck at the stop. We had a late night last night and too early of a morning for a late night this morning, so we had to try hard to keep H awake on the drive there. We just barely missed the train, but the next one arrived a few minutes later (one of the wrinkles). We got on and rode downtown for lunch. When we got to our stop, apparently, we didn't get off quick enough and the doors shut on us. Luckily, the next stop was only a couple blocks away. We went to a pizza place that was over-priced, not that good, and the employees were a little impatient. In addition to that, going to a restaurant with C & H is never fun. Then we walked to the stop to get on, once again, just missing the train. Only this time we got to wait for the next one. One the ride back H decided to press the emergency button to which the driver responded "Do you have an emergency?". Once we realized what H had done and that it was us she was talking to, we replied, "No, sorry. It was just a child pushing the button." As we approached our stop, we were ready this time and got off very quickly. H managed to stay awake almost all the way home and C threw a fit because Emma did not come over. I put H in bed, only to have her cry (very unusual for her). I put C in bed without a fight. After about 15 minutes, I hear H calling me. After several minutes of that, I decided she was not going to take a nap. So, as I was working on my last post, she was playing at me feet. Until she decides, she needs to wake C up. I don't know how she got in his room, but she did. I told him to go back to sleep, which he did, but not for long. It's going to be a long evening...
No comments:
Post a Comment