Sunday, May 18, 2014
Happy 9th Birtday Cameron!
Cameron turned 9 on May 2nd. I checked Cameron out of school during his recess/lunch and took him to lunch. We ate at The Habit, one of his favorite restaurants. The father & sons campout was that night, so after school, he, Chuck and Christian headed there. We had family (and neighbors) dinner on Sunday. He requested hamburgers and red velvet cake. His birthday present was his racing bike, which he got early. He told me that the racing bike was from dad and I could get him a ping pong table. He did NOT get a ping pong table. He was lucky that Grannie Annie was here during his celebration. She bought him Legos. C loves Legos! He also got some from our neighbors. He got money from Mama and Papa and he used that along with his allowance he's been saving up to buy a pogo stick. He has been asking for one, but I've been telling him he needs to save up for it. We had some time the other day, so I took him to the store to buy one. Christian had fallen asleep in the car, so I told C to go in and buy one himself. I was parked close enough to the door that I could stand inside and still see Christian in the car. C took forever to pick out his pogo stick. And when he got to the register, I asked if he'd chosen the most expensive one. He said no. But it rang up over $50! Seems pretty expensive to me. But apparently, it was regularly $70 and was on sale. He tried it out when we got home and couldn't get it to "work". I said maybe we needed to do something first, so I looked at the box. The pogo stick was for ages 9+ and 70 lbs +. C does not weight 70 pounds. I got on it for a second to try it out and C says, "You'd better put on a helmet." I told him it works fine he just isn't big enough. But he gave it a try and said, "I'd better put on a helmet." I don't think he's jumped on it since that first day. C loves to acquire things and he has expensive taste. But the excitement doesn't last long; which is why I make him pay for a lot of things on his own. In addition to his acquisition problem, here's a little bit more about C at age 9. He still complains a lot about school, but the complaints have lessened the last couple of months. His responsibilities at home are taking out the recycling and mowing the lawn. He does a great job at both and hardly needs reminded to take out the recycling. But he does not enjoying mowing the lawn so much. Especially the back yard where he has to maneuver around a big tree with low branches. I occasionally ask the kids to help clean up and C's reaction would make you believe it's the end of the world. C loves to watch TV and play on the computer, but he also loves to shoot hoops and ride his bike. He also likes to read and be read to. We have been reading the 39 Clues series together and he has been reading the Lord of the Rings with Chuck. But don't ask him to write a paragraph about what he read. Again, the end of the world! C is active in Cub Scouts and is already talking about his Eagle project. C has been taking piano lessons, but he does not want to continue. He plays very well and catches on quickly. He never complains about going to lessons, but he doesn't like to practice. He wants to play the guitar. However, he got a Ukulele for Christmas that he never touches. Again, it's all about acquiring things. At age 9, Cameron is 4 ft 5 inches tall and is weighing in at 64 pounds. We love C and are looking forward to having him around for another year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment