Saturday, June 14, 2014
"I'm sorry for screeming at the dintest."
It was time for both Cameron and me to go to the dentist. So, I asked the girl down the street to watch H and little C for me while we went. Well, H wasn't happy that I didn't ask our other babysitter, so I told her she could go to the dentist and sit in the room and wait for me. But on the way to the dentist after we had a conversation about the babysitter, (I thought she liked her, it's convenient to ask her because she just lives down the street, she can't always have her way when she is in a family of 5 etc.) she changed her mind and said she wanted to go back. But I would not let her. She had made up her mind and I didn't have time to turn around. However, if I knew the magnitude of the fit she was going to throw, I would have turned around. She screamed all the way to the office. She continued to scream once we were there. I stood outside with her trying to calm her down until they came and said the needed me for full mouth x-rays. She had to stand outside the room, so she continued to scream while I had 16 of the 18 x-rays taken. And during that time, the lady who works at the front desk and is not a very nice lady, very rudely told Hannah she had to stop screaming. Hannah replied with a "stop talking to me then." It went back and forth until the lady finally gave up. H did stop screaming and was very quiet and patient the rest of the time. I apologized for her behavior and on the way home, I told her I have never been so embarrassed in my life. When we got home, she went straight to her room and only came out for dinner. And I told her she needed to write an apology note to the office. She also wrote one to me. I had to take C back to have a cavity filled, so I took both the kids with me. And the lady at the front desk had written H a little note saying thank you for the apology and she understood she was just having a bad day. She also gave her some markers and a coloring book. She really isn't a very nice lady, but I guess I learned that I should talk so bad about her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Rebekah. I hope you can one day look back at this and laugh...
Post a Comment