Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tucson Bicycle Classic

Every year Chuck does a 3 day stage race in Tucson.  I have gone with the kids the last few years even though we camp, which is not my favorite thing.  I wouldn't mind Chuck going and spending the weekend racing while we slept in our beds at home, but last year, as well as this, Cameron also raced, creating the need for me to go.  Chuck and Cameron left Friday morning to set up camp and prepare for the time trial.  I drove down after school with Hannah and Christian. Saturday was the road race. Chuck drove C to the start (about 40 miles south of Tucson) and I picked him up after the race so that Chuck could complete his race.  On the way back, we stopped at the Mission San Xavier. Then we spent the rest of the day at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum.  And we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Beyond Bread.  We don't have one in Tempe, so it's a special treat to be able to go.  Chuck left early Sunday morning for the circuit race and then I took Cameron (and the other kids) before the start of C's race.  Chuck placed 10th overall.  And although Cameron got "ditched" each race, he drastically improved his times from last year.  The reason C gets "ditched" or as we would say dropped is because he does not like to train.  Chuck on the other hand LOVES to train.

C's times : 
2015:  TT 15:24; RR 51:47; CR 53:29
2016:  TT 16:38; RR 45:31; CR 46:55
*there was a head wind this year resulting in slower TT times













No comments: