Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Bikes, Bikes and more Bikes




Here are all the bikes that got us to and from school during the year (with the exception of Chuck's bike).  I started on my green road bike and ended the year on my green cruiser.  Hannah started on a small blue bike (a hand-me-down from Cameron) and finished the year on a cruiser, Christian started on a new red bike (because Hannah wasn't ready to give up the blue one even though it was too small for her) and finished the year on Cameron's black bike that he started the year on but out grew.   Christian was very excited to have a bike with gears.   Cameron finished the year on a very nice brand new mountain bike.  I'm not sure that there was a commute where I was riding that someone, usually Christian, did not cry.  In addition to the crying, there was bickering, arguing, fighting, name calling, etc.  Taking the kids to school and/or picking them up was always by far the worst part of my day.  Obviously for the already stated reasons, but also because I worried about crashing and getting hit by cars.  But the kids are very aware on their bikes and know the rules of the ride.  One might ask why we rode bikes and the answer is not riding would have been lazy.  And Royaltys are NOT lazy!

No comments: