All 3 kids joined the Dobson Dolphins Swim team this year. It was the third year for Cameron and Hannah and the first for Christian. I overheard Christian telling my sister, Camera, that he didn't want to do swim team but I was making him. However, I didn't really have to force him. When it was time for the first practice, he did not hesitate. He did say he didn't want to swim in the meets, which I said was fine. He did however, hesitate the practice before the first meet when they were doing mock races. He came walking towards me, crying a little with his heart pumping so fast. I did convince him to swim in one of the mock races which seemed to have settled his nerves. But I had no idea what would happen at the first meet. There were so many people there! However, when it came time for him to swim, he did not hesitate. Christian knew a little freestyle and backstroke before starting swim team, but he could not swim the length of the pool. However, he took to swimming like a fish to water. His improvements were amazing. He was even awarded the Most Improved. I love watching these kids swim!
| photo bomb by Carson Hamblin who might one day be an Olympic swimmer |
Christian's fastest times: Free: 23:90; Back: 30:76; Breast: 29:57; Fly: 31:89
Hannah's fastest times: Free: 44:01; Back: 59:96; Breast: 58:53; Fly: 54:03
Cameron's fastest times: Free: 37:34; Back 45:68; Breast: 52:49; Fly: 1:04:09
No comments:
Post a Comment