Wednesday, June 10, 2026

April 2026

April was a good month!  

Hannah came home for Easter and we started the day with a hike to Tom's Thumb in the McDowell Mountains.  We watched conference and had an Easter lunch with the AZ family before Hannah headed back to school.





Christian finished up his tennis season.  They had a REALLY tough schedule.  Despite more losses than wins, Christian played some REALLY great tennis.  He was usually the last won playing in a marathon match that would often end in a tie break.  He was award the Most Improved Player as well as his Varsity letter. His coaches had such nice things to say about him. (I should have recorded it).  But basically they said he works hard, does not give up, is always respectful (despite having some opponents making really bad line calls) and is committed to making the right call. I am more often than not disappointed in high school coaching and team culture. But I have to say that I have been super impressed with Corona's coaching and player behavior.  Tennis has been a breath of fresh air (especially after football).


We had our pool refurbished.



And Chuck spent a week in Billings, MT to support Cameron at his poster presentation for his senior project. Only Chuck went because that way we did not have to rent a hotel room and because of the timing of the flights and the timing of the presentation, he had to stay the whole week, which would have been hard for me to do.

No comments: