Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Potty Trained???

I hate to say it for fear of jinxing myself. But...I think Cameron is potty trained. He has worn nothing but underwear for the last 41/2 days and we've only had one accident. I think the key for us was not pushing him too early, letting him take the lead and then just going with underwear, not pull ups or diapers when we went out. When he had a pull up or diaper on, I think he'd get confused because all he's every known is peeing and pooping in the diaper and now we are asking him to not do that. He's was obstipated (refusing to poop) for a long time before we finally started giving him laxatives on a daily basis, which we have done for almost 4 months, so I was really worried about the pooping on the potty, but he's done great. I almost feel like it's too good to be true. But he has never been one we can figure out.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yay for you guys!

Gabe has done much better since we put him strictly in underwear too. I still put a pull up on him at night - but night time is when he stays the driest....

Gabe is having poop issues too. He doesn't have any desire to poop in the toilet. Why is that?

But that is awesome for you guys. I know when we reach that day we are totally having a party - a big party!