Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

I woke this morning cuddled in my warm, cozy bed with my gorgeous husband. It was early (5am) but I had gone to bed early and C slept the whole night, which meant I did too! I got up, put on my black capri Adidas running pants,which I love, and a new long sleeve shirt, which is a great color. My kids remained asleep, so I was able to get out the door without them throwing fits. I wasn't sure how dark and cold it would be, so I grabbed my gloves and head light. When I turned the corner onto the canal, I saw the moon, full, big and bright. It was perfect! And I couldn't help but think how grateful I am to be able to run and how grateful I am for all that I have been blessed with. I did have a dog run up on me, which really annoys me. The owners apologized, but I did not respond with an "it's okay", because it's not okay. It's a city ordinance to have your dog on a leash. But that did not spoil my mood. I simply thought, I'm so thankful I don't have a dog! When I turned to run home, I was disappointed that I could no longer see the moon. But I felt my pace quicken because I couldn't wait to get home where I knew I would be greeted with smiles and laughter. I was then able to take a hot shower, with no one in the room. What a great start to the day!

5 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings of gratitude. Its an inspiration to the rest of us to look inside ourselves and count our blessings. We all have so much to be thankful for.

I love this time of year for that reason, but it is good to be thankful year round. An attitude of gratitude is a good thing. I love those days when your blessings just sort of wash over you and fill you, like it sounds like they did on this particular morning. Ahhhh!

Earlene and Scott

Anonymous said...

ummm, yeah....SOMEONE drank some happy juice this morning....can I have a sip please???? Or better yet, can Dean have a sip of whatever it is you're feeding C??? Just kidding - you know I love ya and that's why I have to give you a hard time!

Anonymous said...

p.s. - does it ever get cold enough there to go running in a red hooded sweatshirt?

Chris Grover said...

sounds like a lot to be thankful for! although, how could you be thankful to NOT have a dog! hehe! i do have to agree with how ANNOYING it is when they are not leashed though! what a great way to start the day!

The Palmer family said...

Oh what a nice post. Just in time for Thanksgiving. I love to just sit back and think about all of the wonderful blessings I have to be thankful for. I don't do that enough and sometimes I have to get away to realize how much I have. We hope to see you all soon.