Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Long Days (and Short Nights)

First, I must preface this post. I really do love being a stay at home mom. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my children. I can't imagine it any other way. But...the days are so long. In fact, I feel like they never end! Last night, H got up 3 times. Thankfully, baby C only got up once. At 4:40am, I was just going to let H stay in our bed since I'd be getting up at 5:05am to go teach a class. But when I got up, she said she wanted to go back to her bed. So, I put her there. But at 5:15am when she heard me leave, she stood up in her bed and screamed while looking out the window. Good morning Chuck! When I got home, the kids watched about an hour of TV. We went outside to blow bubbles, we went for a walk around the block, we read for a long time. Then we went to swim lessons. BTW - C is swimming on his own and loving it! After swim lessons we met some friends at their neighborhood pool, swam some more and had a picnic. Surprisingly, I managed all 3 kids. It helps C is solo now, but H didn't get much swimming in. Now, it is only 2pm. Baby C is sleeping, C is watching a movie (ironically, he is watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer) and H is begging me to play with her. What are we going to do with the 5+hours left in the day?!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

For some reason, my days are gone in a blink. I open the back door in the morning and the kids play until 11:30, lunch time, then nap from 12-3, then we usually have people over for dinner or go swimming or something and the day is gone. Now if I could just find the will power to clean the darn house...

Jamie and Family said...

I have an idea....get out of bed at 8:00 am like me and that will shave three hours off your day! :-) j/k

I will say this...the days are totally different when they start school. So this part doesn't last forever!

The Palmer family said...

Girl, I feel your pain sometimes! for some reason the second half of the day, after naps, is the hardest sometimes. It's the hottest part of the day and I am anxious to get out of the house. So I usually brave it and go to target or walmart or something. I then end up regretting my decision to drag the kids around because it usually results in total chaos.