Thursday, July 22, 2010

Karma

Karma - "act, action, performance", that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect. OR as it is commonly defined, what goes around comes around.

In the Hindu religion, which believes in reincarnation, karma (our actions or deeds) from previous lives as well as this present life, shapes our future life. If one sow goodness, one reaps goodness. If one sows evil, one reaps evil. With the exception of the reincarnation part, this perspective is not that different from that of Christianity.

In April of 2008, I started a Master level yoga teacher training course. This was an additional 300 hours to my 200 hours already completed. It is now July of 2010, and just tonight I handed in all that was required of me. And that requirement list is long... It included sitting thru many many hours of lectures, participation in numerous workshops, projects, observes, assists, homework, translating yoga sutras... And tonight, I must have done something right, because... I had my yoga sutra translation book and a very large stack of papers to drop off at the studio, which I placed on the top of my car so that I could put Christian in his car seat. And, yep, you guessed it. I forgot about them. As I was waiting to make a left hand term, a guy drove past me really slow, gave me a weird look and pointed to my roof. THANK YOU whoever you were for your good karma. I pulled over to find only my book. Which could have been replaced, but I would have had to do all the work again. I circled back and there in the street close to my house was the rest of my papers, some of which could have been reproduced, some of which could not. Whew... is all I have to say. Oh, and practice good karma.

No comments: