It was the Saturday before Easter and after Chuck's afternoon ride (I always run and teach in the morning so Chuck has to ride in the afternoon and it always has to be 3 hours) he had planned to take the kids out on a bike ride. While he was doing that, I was going to do some Easter shopping. He hooked up the tandem trail-a-bike to the tandem with Hannah and Christian on the tandem trail-a-bike and Cameron on a single. (That did leave an empty seat and I did have the thought that I should have gone with them.) They went their way and I went mine. When I got home a couple hours later, Chuck and the kids were also getting home. I saw Christian's face first and said, "What did you do to your face?" Hannah says, "Dad wants you to still marry him." I said, "I am already married to him." and she says, "He doesn't want you to break up with him." Apparently, Chuck did not get the hitch to the trail-a-bike engaged and they made it just a little way down the street before the trail-a-bike was no longer attached to Chuck. Christian took the worst hit. Hannah walked away with a scrapped knee. They still went out for their ride and had a great time. I'm sure it was helpful that I was not home and that they were meeting up with friends. Christian was so tough. He rarely complained about his road rash and didn't blame his dad for it. Chuck told him he'd take him out for ice cream and that would make him feel a little better (both Chuck and Christian). And after they got the ice cream, Christian said, "You were wrong dad. This ice cream doesn't make me feel a little better. It makes me feel a lot better." I am sure Chuck will be double and triple checking to make sure the trailer hitch is engaged next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment