Sunday, May 31, 2015

Happy 10th Birthday Cameron!








Cameron turned 10 on the 2nd of May.  The Saturday before his birthday, he went to a Diamond Back's game with his friends Carson and Curtis and his dad and brother.  I checked him out of school for lunch the Friday before his birthday and he chose to go to Sweet Tomatoes.  He went on the Father/Sons camp out with his dad and Christian the day before his birthday.  They came home on his birthday.  We had Sunday dinner with family, neighbors and his friend Marshall and his family.  The menu he selected was green chili enchilada casserole and red velvet cake.  Cameron hasn't changed much over the years, in fact, I can just about copy and paste my birthday post from last year with just a few minor changes. C still complains a lot about school, but the complaints lessened when he was put in Mrs. Johnson's class.  His responsibility at home is taking out the recycling and WAS mowing the lawn.  He does seem to need more reminding to take out the recycling this year than last. He does not enjoying mowing the lawn so much.  In fact, the last time he was asked to mow, he threw such a fit that I fired him from mowing.  And still when I ask the kids to help clean up, C's reaction would make you believe it's the end of the world.  C loves to watch TV and play on the computer, but he also loves to shoot hoops and ride his bike.  He loves anything Star Wars and wants to share all his Star Wars knowledge.  He also likes to read and be read to.  We have been reading the Series of Unfortunate Events together and he is still reading the Lord of the Rings with Chuck.  But don't ask him to write a paragraph about what he reads. Again, it would be the end of the world!   C has been taking guitar lessons.  He bought his own guitar and I found a teacher who is in high school. And who is great with C.  I pay him $10/half hour.  C plays very well and catches on quickly.   He never complains about going to lessons, but he doesn't like to practice.  Recently Cameron decided he has out grown Lego City Legos, after having just bought a set mere months ago.  And he has a plan to sell them. Currently he is making sure he has all the parts for each set and is packaging them up.  He has acquired quite a few sets over the years.  I think he plans to use the money to buy some type of gaming system. But I don't want to even discuss that.  Cameron is very smart and clever.  And it is fun to see him change and yet stay the same.  At age 10 he is 4 ft 8 in and weighs 70 lbs.  We wish him a Happy 11th Year!

No comments: