Monday, January 1, 2018

The best thing to happen this year...

As I was going to bed, I had a thought that the best thing that had happened this year was that the kids were all sleeping through the night.  For 12+ years, minus a brief period between when Cameron was 9 months old and Hannah was born, I have gotten up with kids at night, most nights of the week and many of those nights multiple times.  Of course, there was/is still the occasional night visit.  But wouldn't you know, THAT night Christian came into my room.  He said, "I just want to cuddle with you for a minute."  I let him in bed and probably would have let him stay there, but he was not going back to sleep.  So I told him I was going to take him back to his bed and he looked at his watch and said, "Just a little while longer."  I took him back to bed and laid down with him for a few minutes.  But again, he was not falling asleep, so I left.  How I love that kid!  Every once in a while I don't mind a night visitor.  But every night, multiple times a night was getting to be too much!

This night, Christian wanted to use my heating blanket.  As you can see, when I checked on him, he had gotten too hot under the blanket.



No comments: