Sunday, July 29, 2018

Queen Mary

For their 8th birthday, Chuck took both Cameron and Hannah to stay the night on the Queen Mary.  Christian wanted to do the same, we just didn't have the time for him to go until he was about 8 and half.  I mentioned this when I posted about Cameron's trip to the Queen Mary, but I'll go ahead and post it again. The Queen Mary was the finest passenger liner in the 1930's.  At the start of World War II, she was transformed into a troopship. At the end of the war, she was transformed back into a passenger liner and carried passengers across the Atlantic for two more decades until air travel forced her into retirement.  Now she sits in Long Beach, CA and acts as a hotel as well as many other things.  Chuck and Christian left after a swim meet on Saturday and stayed in a hotel that night.  The next morning Chuck went for a run on the boardwalk and Christian rode his bike.  They rented a paddle boat and saw a lot of seals (one of Christian's favorite parts).  They checked into the Queen Mary and went on a tour.  The next day they played at the beach before heading home. They had a great time and I love that Chuck did this with all 3 kids!  Maybe I can be next.








No comments: