Mountain Biking, Florida, Homecoming
Christian had a few more bike races during the month of October.
We also had Fall Break in October. Chuck had to go to Melbourne, FL for work and because we had nothing going on, Christian and I decided to tag along.
We left on Monday morning and spent the day traveling.
On Tuesday, Chuck headed to work while Christian and I explored. We spent time in Melbourne which wasn't as exciting as the advertisements made it out to be. We attempted to go to the beach but it was cloudy, a little rainy and very windy. We had dinner with Chuck and did catch a nice sunset. But not at Sunset beach because Sunset beach actually faced east.
On Wednesday, we headed toward the Cocoa Beach area for a river boat tour and some beach time. We had a little time before the tour, so we stopped by a beach for a few minutes. The Florida beaches have quite a bit of seaweed on them but other than that, they are very nice. The river boat tour left a little to be desired. It was a pontoon boat with quite a few elderly people. We mostly saw the back of houses and birds, but we did see some dolphins and a manatee. After the tour, we grabbed some lunch and went to Cocoa beach. We got there just in time to rent a boogie board before they closed. Christian enjoyed about an hour of boogie boarding. Cocoa beach was one of the highlights of the trip. If we go back, we will definitely spend more time there. We stopped for ice cream at a place that was recommended because it had "turtles". Well, the turtles were actually desert tortoises and there was nothing special about the ice cream. But ice cream is always good.
On Thursday we drove to Orlando and spent the day at Disney World. Pyper Hatch was working at Disney World for the school semester and Regan happened to be visiting her, so we met up with them and spent the day at Hollywood Studios. Hollywood Studios was very similar to Disneyland but much smaller. The crowds were also smaller. Christian chose that as the park to go to because it had the most thrill rides. He rode everything and I rode everything expect the Tower of Terror. We rode some things twice and went to the Indian Jones show and some of the Disney Villains show. We did not have to wait too long in any one line with the exception of the Slinky Dog rollercoaster. We did that one last and thankfully the line was covered because it poured while we waited. I am not the biggest Disney fan but I really can't complain about the day we had. It was pretty much a perfect day.
Chuck did not have to work on Friday, so we spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center. There was SO much to see. It was very cool and I imagine VERY cool if you like rockets. It poured much of the day and we got soaked moving from one building to the other but other than that, we had a very enjoyable time. We also had a great lunch. The price of tickets was extremely high and would have been a much better deal had we been able to stay two days and you can definitely spend two days there. But one was probably enough for me.
We left early the next morning for home. It was a great trip and I am so glad we tagged along. I liked Florida more than I thought I would. I imagined old people and lots of trailers. But we didn't see much of either. The beaches are nice (minus the seaweed) and the parking spaces are wide. I would definitely go again. Chuck said it was the best business trip he has ever been one.
Christian decided at the last minute to go to homecoming. He went with his friends,
Paul and Dean. They did not do anything before or after but they did stay at the dance the whole time.











No comments:
Post a Comment