We recently spent a week in Farmington, NM. Other than visiting family, our purpose in going was so I could compete in the Freedom Days Triathlon. This is an olympic distance tri (1.5K swim, 10K run, 40K bike) and is VERY challenging. It starts with an open water swim in Farmington lake. I'm usually very anxious in open water, but I borrowed a wet suit and went out the day before to get a feel for the water, so on race day, I was ready to go! I even beat my sister, Camera, out of the water, something I've never done before. The run is a trail run mostly in sand/dirt and is quite hilly. The bike course is VERY hilly, thank goodness for the granny gear! I was a little traumatized by the last 1/2 of the bike course, I didn't win or even set a PR, but other than that, it was a good time.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Grady Williams Freedom Days Triathlon
We recently spent a week in Farmington, NM. Other than visiting family, our purpose in going was so I could compete in the Freedom Days Triathlon. This is an olympic distance tri (1.5K swim, 10K run, 40K bike) and is VERY challenging. It starts with an open water swim in Farmington lake. I'm usually very anxious in open water, but I borrowed a wet suit and went out the day before to get a feel for the water, so on race day, I was ready to go! I even beat my sister, Camera, out of the water, something I've never done before. The run is a trail run mostly in sand/dirt and is quite hilly. The bike course is VERY hilly, thank goodness for the granny gear! I was a little traumatized by the last 1/2 of the bike course, I didn't win or even set a PR, but other than that, it was a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It shocks me that people do stuff like this. I am totally impressed. Way to go!
By the way, I was telling Tucker the other day that I want to see if I can really EVER even SORT OF like running.....but I've never found a sports bra that works for me! Do you have one you recommend????
Post a Comment