Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Just go to bed Cameron!
It's 8:30pm. I finally got Cameron to bed after 12 attempts and a lot of singing and dancing (as we like to call it). I was up at 1:15am last night to take him back to bed. After 4 times, I refused to do it anymore and let his dad take over, which means screaming. By then I was so awake and mad, I never really went back to sleep. I've been up since 4:45am, when Hannah started making noise. She frequently gets up at 4:45am. Her noise also woke Cameron up. Fortunately, he did go back to bed. I did not force Cameron to take a nap today. He always takes one, but most days it is a fight (more singing and dancing), and I'm sick of it. Plus, I wanted to experiment to see if he would sleep all night thru and go to bed earlier and easier if he did not have a nap. He was so exhausted that I thought there was no way he'd get out of bed like he normally does 3 times or so. But as we have always said about Cameron, there is no predicting him! 12 times tonight! Can't say it's a record, but close to it. Chuck is at a movie with Lily and Emma or else I would have just walked away and let him deal with Cameron. Towards the end, Cameron was asking for daddy. I don't really like to lie to my kids, but I told him I'd have daddy come check on him when he got home. That's not going to happen. I don't even want daddy to check on me when he gets home. I just want to sleep! I hope Chuck thinks to park the car in the driveway, because at the sound of the garage door opening, everyone will probably wake up. I think kids are proof positive that there must be opposition in all things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh darn! I'm so sorry to hear of your bedtime woes. Gabe does much better going down at night if he doesn't take a nap. If he has a nap there's no promise that he'll go to sleep at all...
Hunter has also been a pill lately with going to bed. Tonight I had him down at 8:30 and I could hardly believe it. But then after about 1/2 hour he woke up again. Luckily it only took a couple of minutes to get him back to sleep.
But it is exhausting! Good luck!
Post a Comment