Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Road Trip!
On Wednesday last week, we took a road trip to American Fork, Utah, which is near Provo. We left at 4:30am so that the kids would sleep in the car the first couple of hours. But our unpredictable kids were wide awake! Finally about 8:30 they fell asleep for about an hour and took another hour nap after lunch. The kids were great in the car. All 13+ hours of it. We got to American Fork with time for the kids to play with cousins and expend some energy. The kids slept great in the hotel and were relatively good during the day considering they were not getting good naps and eating crap. But there was a lot of whining, fussing, fit throwing, fighting etc. But I guess that's to be expected when you get several little kids close to the same age together. The purpose in going to UT was to attend Camera's graduation from BYU with a master's in family nurse practitioner. The kids were not good at graduation. Other than the graduation, we went to temple square in SLC, went to a firestation, went for a nature hike in the canyon, went swimming, went to the park, and I got to spend some time with Tiffany, a girlfriend from college and her little girl. Chuck ran and went for some nice rides. I ran every day, but not enough. We ate and ate and ate. In fact, here is a list of restaurants we ate at: Biff's Bagels, C-stop pizza, New York Burrito, the hotel for breakfast most days, Daylight donuts (I rarely eat donuts, but ate a apple fritter), Gandolfo's deli, Rumbi Grill (twice), Cafe Rio, The Pie, Burger King (I hadn't eaten at a BK since I was a sophomore in HS and I don't know if I'll ever eat there again) and Fizolli's. And of course, we drank soda and ate cookies and candy. I don't want to eat out for a while! At least not at a fast food restaurant. We left Sunday morning and the kids were great again in the car but slept less than 2 hours the whole time. Coming home took 14+hours. It was good to see everyone and nice to get away, but traveling with kids is hard. So, I'm not sure when we will do that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment