Okay, so I have decided to post about what I have been up to lately.
- First, you might notice that I finally had the time to figure out how to change the background of my blog!
- I am currently training to became a master level yoga instructor. This requires 500 hours of study. I completed 200 last year, and am now working on the next 300. I began in April and it will likely take over a year to complete all the requirements. We meet about every other weekend for 6-12 hours.
Sirsasana (aka headstand)
Benefits:
Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
Stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands
Strengthens the arms, legs, and spine
Strengthens the lungs
Tones the abdominal organs
Improves digestion
Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
Therapeutic for asthma, infertility, insomnia, and sinusitis
- I am officially training for the P.F. Chang Rock n Roll Marathon. This wasn't my first choice of marathons since it is wildly popular and not very scenic. But I am excited about it for several reasons; it is flat, low elevation, in January, so the weather for training will be perfect and it's convenient. The last marathon I ran was in May of 2004. I have done several marathons that have all been over 5,000 ft in elevation and in the early Fall when I've had to train in the summer heat. So, I am hoping that I will feel better while training for this race as well as be able to obtain my goal time with the lower elevation and flat course. And I have never been as flexible as I am now (and it's still not much) with all the yoga training I've been doing the last couple years, and I think that will really help with my training and racing. So far I feel great!
I actually asked Chuck to take a picture of me, seeing as how I had just had my hair cut and dried. I don't like to have my picture taken because not only am I not beautiful and as skinny as I want to be but I am not photogenic either, however, I know I am going to regret not having any pictures of me with the kids. But I might also add that I am usually the one taking the pictures. And I don't very often see Chuck running to get the camera. He would say it's because I don't want my picture taken, which is in part true, but he could also pick better times to take pictures other than, for example, first thing in the morning.
- This is the view from my world. As I have mentioned before, I have two kids attached to my hip/lower leg/feet etc. This was taken while I was trying to fix dinner. Chuck was home at this point, but neither one cared. Cameron was fussing at me to pick him up until I got out the camera, then he decided to smile. So this is not a truly accurate picture.
1 comment:
Bek, that is a GREAT picture of you! I love it!! I'm the same way - I HATE getting my picture taken - I always look like crap and Joel pretty much is the worst photographer ever.
Post a Comment