It's been a couple weeks since I have posted. That's because not much has been going on. But here are some cute pictures and stories from the last couple weeks.
Hannah still loves shoes and is always putting everyone else's on. She also loves to try to get herself dressed.
She has also become obsessed with lollipops (dumdums). This is her throwing a fit when I wouldn't give her one. C is checking on her. When she eats them, she will occasionally get tired of it and just put it down wherever she happens to be.
Hannah refuses to sit during dinner. This is what most of our dinners look like. We strip her down because she gets food everywhere. I asked her at lunch the other day why she was standing and C said "Maybe she thinks she is a super hero."
Cameron has been asking to have friends over. The last time he had a friend over, they took all of our alphabetized CD's out of the rack with a crane, put them in a dump truck, drove it over the water and dumped them on the other side. After that, they did the magazines. At least they had fun!
When I vacuum the floor, I put the kids in the "crusher". That's a game C invented.
C is sleeping better at night. I still get up with him too many nights, but it is getting to be less.
I am trying to train C to play by himself. I will set a timer and tell him he has to play by himself for 15 minutes then I will come play with him. It's not working so well. He might play 3-4 minutes and then he will just sit there and ask me if the timer has gone off yet until it does.
I am trying to train H to not stand on my feet while I am fixing dinner. So, I put her in the playpen. She does okay for a couple minutes and then she just cries until I am able to get her.
H is not saying any words yet, but she will oink like a pig and moo like a cow. A lot of animal sounds at this point are moo.
4 comments:
What cuties! I just got back last week from a week of taking care of Joanna's little guys. It wears you out more at 52 than at 25. Enjoy these crazy times.
Earlene
so cute! isn't it funny how each child has such an individual personality and their own likes and dislikes?! sounds like they keep you busy but they sure are cute!
I have the same problem with Gabe - he will NOT play by himself! He will occasionally watch a movie by himself - but even then he's still begging me to come snuggle with him.
Hunter is much different - he will go play in his room with his toys/books for hours by himself.
On the flip side - because Hunter is willing to be by himself he gets into much more trouble. Since Gabe was always by my side I had it pretty good - he didn't terrorize the house. Hunter on the other hand....
Good luck - and let me know what works as far as getting him to play on his own.
OK, that pic of Hannah at dinner could be Dean. I am so frustrated with meal times. First off, he seems to have inherited my picky eating habits and just doesn't eat much. Second, he just can't sit still long enough to eat!!!
As for playing by himself, I did luck out with that one - he will happily entertain himself most of the day (which probably leads to me being a bad neglectful Mommy more than it should, but he seems pretty content!). But the eating is TERRIBLE!!!! I dread every single meal because it is a screaming battle.
Post a Comment