Hannah went on her first backpacking trip last weekend. Chuck took her and Cameron along with a friend and two of his kids to Horton Creek (near Payson). They left Friday, hiked in about a mile and camped. They hiked two more miles on Sat. before setting up camp. They hike out the 3 miles on Sunday. Chuck said the trip was perfect; perfect scenery, perfect weather and the kids did great. Except...for when Chuck was holding C, who was claiming he needed to poop and had just peed all over his pants, and H, who really had pooped, was taking the poop out of her diaper and smearing it on the back of Chuck's leg. (She has never done that before BTW). How can you get mad at a face like this?
(I'm not sure what's up with H's outfit. Chuck said she picked it out herself)
Chuck says C has been watching too much "Man vs. Wild" because the first thing he did when he got to camp was take off his shirt.

I was happy to see she actually wore the shoes I had bought her and spent too much money on. And what did I do while the kids were away other than enjoy absolute freedom? Well, I went to Wal-Mart and the post office. I did some yoga homework and blogged. I went to a yoga class (as well as my teacher training), went out to dinner with a friend. And did some much needed things around the house like clean the microwave and frig. I do love my children, but it is sure nice not to have the under my feet all day!
I was happy to see she actually wore the shoes I had bought her and spent too much money on. And what did I do while the kids were away other than enjoy absolute freedom? Well, I went to Wal-Mart and the post office. I did some yoga homework and blogged. I went to a yoga class (as well as my teacher training), went out to dinner with a friend. And did some much needed things around the house like clean the microwave and frig. I do love my children, but it is sure nice not to have the under my feet all day!
1 comment:
Great pics! I was cracking up about the poop. I can't remember if I told you about the "Mother's Day Poop Incident" at our house? I haven't blogged about it yet...I'm still not ready.
Post a Comment