Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Chuck and Hannah!

On Saturday the 30th, Hannah celebrated her 2nd birthday and Chuck his 45th! We celebrated with a small family get together at the Basha's Food Court. Yes, I know. That sounds a little weird, but here's the story. So, in our quest to find a place to get our Saturday tradition ice/ Pibb Xtra. We tried a Basha's close to our house. Well, they had large pellet ice which isn't quite good enough. So, as I'm talking with the Basha's associate about the ice, she gets me the real thing from the back. They have a crushed ice machine for use in the deli. So, as we went back the next week, I noticed they also had mac & cheese (C's favorite), pizza by the slice and so much more including a large sitting area that's always empty. So, I told Chuck the next time I wanted to take the kids to lunch, I was going to take them there. As we were planning our celebrating between Chuck's 6 hour ride and my 6 hours of yoga teacher training, we decided to meet at the Basha's Food Court. We ate, got our ice, opened presents and had cake. I didn't want to make a huge cake and have it sitting around the house, so when we decided to go to Basha's, I thought hey, let's just get cake there! So, I know I'm not going to get any mother or wife of the year awards for this party, but everyone seemed to have a good time.

Oh, yeah. And I had a birthday too (on the 11th). We went to Spinatos on Sat. and had dinner with a cake Charity made on Sunday. I turned 32. It's not so hard getting old when you have a much older husband, but still, it's not all that fun. So, as I was teaching a cycling class this week, I had some new, young girls in class. One of them asked me how long I've been teaching and I said, "Oh, since college, so 10 years or so." And she said, "You don't look like your more than 24." How nice is that?

Part of Chuck's 6 hour ride (all he asked for for his b-day) was on the Orion. (The Orion is the speed trike, designed and built by an associate at Honeywell. Chuck set the world record for the fastest tricycle last year.) He is now training for a 1 hour and 6 hour race in Detroit at the end of July. Here is his training area.

Cameron really wanted to get Chuck a red shirt for his b-day.

Hannah doesn't care that she is at the Basha's food court. She's just happy to get presents. (Her hair is a mess because Daddy was left in charge)

Happy Birthday Chuck and Hannah! We love you.

1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

Wow, lots of birthdays!!

I've never heard of Basha's, but it sounds perfect and esp the soda/ice combo!

I hear you on getting older. It is so scary that "since college" is equal to TEN years ago!

And that bike is the strangest/coolest thing I've seen!