Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pre-Christmas Fun

Lily and Emma had their Christmas choir concert, which we all went to. However, after about an hour of C and H treating me like a jungle gym, I had had enough and took them home. The choir performed two nights, with Lily having a solo one night and Emma the other. Unfortunately for me, Emma's solo was so late in the program, that we had already gone.

I love this picture, but it also makes me very sad. I can't help but think about all the heartache we've (especially Chuck) experienced over the last several years and how much of the girls lives we have not been able to be a part of.

C and H hosted a "cookie and a craft" activity with some of their closest friends. We made reindeer candycanes and decorated sugar cookies (The kids went to town on the sprinkles. I don't think they understand the meaning of the word sprinkle). It was total choas, but a success. I tried to get C to give me a nice smile, but after a couple of attempts, I got this picture and decided it was one I should post because it really captures his personality.

H almost always has a "cheese" smile for me.

We went to see the Temple lights and nativity scenes from around the world with our friends the Herrera's. We had some good rain that day, so it felt a little more like Christmas than usual.

We went to see Santa (per C's request) at Bass Pro Shop, where the photos were free.

Hannah would only get close enough to get the candy cane.
C did tell Santa from a distance exactly what he wanted (a red tanker truck with outriggers) and was finally convinced to stand in front of him for a picture.

Charity and Kwan took the kids to see a display of gingerbread houses, giving Chuck and I an opportunity to go out to lunch.

We took a trip to the zoo with one of Chuck's last vacation days. The kids enjoy going to the zoo, but as they have gotten older and more independent, it has been hard for me to do on my own.

Although H can go down the slide by herself, she still hesitates, so C sometimes takes her. It is too cute!

No comments: