Monday, December 28, 2009
Ready For Baby?!
So, I think I am as ready as can be for this baby. I'm certainly ready to stop gaining weight and get back to running. I have never felt like I've "nested" during the final days of pregnancy because I always like to have things cleaned and organized. But if I did nest, it would have been the last few days. As I was putting Christmas things away, I did find myself cleaning out a few cabinets along the way. My floors, shower, frig, microwave etc. are all clean, laundry is done and I am caught up on my blogging (not my scrapbooking but that will never happen). My sister brought me a birthing gown yesterday as she returned home from Farmington, made by my mother (it is super cute), but other than that, I haven't packed a hospital bag. Of course, there will be plenty of time once labor has begun because I am NOT rushing to the hospital. We don't have a name, but again, plenty of time to discuss that during labor. We haven't decided where we are going to put the baby and what to do with Hannah (she is still in the crib). But I figure we have time since the baby will be in our room for the first little while. Though we don't know the gender, I have boy and girl clothes already that are easy enough to get to. My mom asked if I had gotten everything out and washed it. I said why would I want to do to that. Everything was clean when I put it away, why spend the time washing everything again (my OCD is not nearly as bad as hers). We would really like to have the baby this year! Our insurance deductible is going up next year and Lily had her ACL replaced today, so it would be nice to be able to pay one deductible for the two. I know that would be a huge stress relief for Chuck! In addition he has this week off for vacation and the next week forced time off with no pay, so he's around. So, could we please please please catch a break? It seems like after the many emotional struggles and financial inconveniences over the last several years, we are due!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I dont know if you even know I read your blog... :) but we will pray that you have your baby this week!! I forget you are so close sometimes, you are so active and you look so good- those last few weeks for me are always the hardest. You are one amazing woman, let me know if there is anything at all that you need!!
Post a Comment