Friday, April 23, 2010

A Blast From the Past: Captured in a Dream

Lily has her Senior Prom next week. Which made me think back to mine, 15 years ago! I can't believe I graduated 15 years ago. I looked so young back then. Our theme was "Captured in a Dream". I went with Landon House, who was just a friend. I actually had a dream about Landon a few nights ago. How random is that? I was subbing a yoga class and there he was. I wonder what he is doing. I'm sure I could find out if I was on facebook. But I'm not. Anyway...prom was fun. And although I didn't appreciate it at the time, high school was a pretty fun too!

I loved that dress! I'm sure my mom still has it somewhere in her garage.



My dad drove us in a 1976 taxi cab. In El Reno, Oklahoma, prom was about the transportation. How creative could you get? My dad was the city manager at the time and I really wanted to take a fire truck, but he said they couldn't allow that. Well, a year or so later, the fire chief's son took a fire truck!
I showed my dad this picture and he had no recollection of driving us at all. And that was even post cardiac arrest.


1 comment:

Jen Tapler said...

LOVE these pics!! SO many memories just came rushing back. I loved that dress too. Landon is on facebook. I've tried takling to him directly on there a few times, but he hasn't responded. He probably has a super jealous wife or something? He looks EXACTLY the same. I can't really tell from his profile what he does for a living or anything. His wife is really pretty and they have a couple of kids. It looks like they live in Oklahoma, but I don't think El Reno. He seems to be a huge fan of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh from what I can tell.