Friday, April 30, 2010

Marriage is Hard?

Okay, so I hear this all the time. Marriage is hard. Marriage is so hard. You really have to work at marriage. etc etc etc. I don't get it. I've never thought being married is hard. And we've had some pretty significant challenges in the course of our 7+ years. I'm not sure what people mean when they say marriage is hard. What makes it hard? This is why I think my marriage is NOT "hard": we are soulmates, we support each other 100%, we let the other person know when something is bothering us (this is more me than Chuck), we don't let things bother us (this is Chuck more than me), we spend time together and time alone, I spend time without my kids, we have the same goals, we don't thrive on contention or confrontation, we share household and child responsibilities, and we are on the same page financially.

No comments: