Friday, June 11, 2010

Sleeping and Running

I'm not doing enough of either! But especially sleeping. For a brief period (a week or so) baby C was only getting up once a night and not usually until after 2am. C and H were staying in their beds, so I was actually starting to feel normal. But Baby C is back to getting up twice a night. I have no idea why. He certainly doesn't need the calories! And H has become a regular and frequent night visitor of mine, sometimes as much as every two hours. I'm not sure why she gets up, but she wakes up screaming. I had a friend tell me she can't believe I still am able to exercise as much as I do when I am getting so little sleep. But what are my choices? Be fat(ter), out of shape and emotionally unstable. Not only does my body need the workouts my mind does too! It's been some time, but I was finally able to get my mileage back up to 20+ miles a week. I had to give up a day of running so I could teach a step class in the early morning hours which makes it hard to run as much as I would like. A couple weeks ago, I was able to run 7 miles (my longest in a very long time) and I made it up to South Mountain to trail run. I've been feeling really good and I am regaining my speed, but now it is getting really hot making it a challenge to run hard or long.

I love to take pictures of my kids sleeping. The are so adorable when they are asleep! C has decided to sleep without a shirt, and as you can see, H has followed suit. She also still needs a nap, but I don't force them. However, when she does fall asleep on the couch in the late afternoon, she doesn't put up a fight going to bed.

1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

Lack of sleep is HARD! Eliza just started sleeping in her own bed...mostly because I couldn't stand to be woken up one more time when Sol was tiny and waking frequently. Now both kids sleep in their own beds....Sol for 12 hours and Eliza for 10...Heaven and I finally feel normal! It will come, but it's tough to be in the thick of it.