| the first ride |
| riding to church |
... and when there is no room for mom, the family is even more likely to stay together!
We have 4 adult singles, 2 tandems, 4 kid singles, 2 tricycles, and NOW a tandem trail-a-bike in our garage (along with two cars!). On the back porch, we have a trailer and a single train-a-bike. Needless to say, we are a little obsessed with bicycling in our family. You'd think I'd ride more than I do. But Christian said it best after they bought the tandem trail-a-bike. "We bought a double alley cat. Dad will ride the front of the tandem, Cameron in the back. Hannah in the front of the double alley-cat and me in the back. And there is no room for you!" Over the summer, Cameron started riding tandem with Chuck. He was just barely able to fit on the back. They would even go on the Friday Morning Ride (the FMR). All the guys were super impressed with C. Once school started, C asked if he could just be late to school on Fridays. I actually would have allowed that. But it was the getting up at 5am on a school day I wasn't willing to allow. C recently started riding a bike with gears. The bike is about 2 sizes too big for him, but he loves having the gears. Our next goal is to get Hannah up on two wheels.
No comments:
Post a Comment