Both Cameron and Hannah played soccer this year. It was Cameron's second year and Hannah's first. Cameron played on the JV and Varsity team. He was a starter for the JV team and even scored a goal off of a header. He played center back and some goalie. The Varsity team made it to play offs and he did get to go in for a few minutes as goalie. He actually started as goalie for the first Varsity game and afterwards the coach emailed me and told me what an amazing job he had done. But that was the last time he started as goalie or even played much in that position. (I'll never understand high school coaches.) Hannah played on both the JV and Varsity teams. Neither team did well. In fact, they lost every game and were usually mercy ruled, which means if the opponent was up by 10 goals with 20 minutes left in the game, they called the game. It was not a fun season at all. But I was impressed with how the girls continued to play and not only play, but play hard.
I did not take any pictures during the season. It is just too hard to get a good picture from so far away so I didn't even try. Hannah's team had a end of the year banquet where she received her letter. Cameron also lettered but he was just handed his letter by the coach. There was no end of the season banquet or award ceremony.
No comments:
Post a Comment