Cameron turned 18 on the 2nd of May. We had family dinner on Sunday complete with cake. Hannah and I were just getting back into town, so Chuck was in charge of dinner. He made lasagna which I am not sure Cameron requested. But on Monday, I made "hamburger pizza rolls" which are his favorite. On Tuesday (his birthday) he skipped school but didn't do much. We had lunch from Cafe Rio and then the whole family went out for dinner at the Mongolian BBQ. So, probably not the most exciting birthday but May is such a busy time of year, and like Hannah said, "We have been celebrating Cameron all year." And the May celebrations were just beginning.
At 18, Cameron is 6'1 and weighs 183 lbs and has dreams to weigh more. He has never been a big eater, but recently, he has been eating more, snacking a lot, and making shakes after his workouts. He tried a weight gainer powder for a while, but just could not get himself to drink it most days.
Cameron doesn't spent as much time playing video games like he used to but he still spends plenty of time on his phone and watching TV. He loves to snack while he watches TV (I am always telling him this is not a good habit) with his favorite snack being otter pops. He likes to be in people's business and always wants to be around other people, which drives his siblings crazy. The only time I would find Cameron in his room was if he was building Legos. He bought and completed the world map, which he did in his room. He also bought and completed the Titanic, but he did that one in the living room. He still hasn't figured out a way to play nicely with his siblings. I keep hoping one day they'll get along. He loves to buy random stuff... lock pick set, soccer yellow and red cards, laser pointer, etc. He still fiddles a lot and is always making noise with something. But he did stop biting his nails. He said his fingers would hurt when he would snap because his nails were too short.
Cameron is hard working (but only when he wants to be), reliable, trust-worthy and smart. It has been a blessing (but not without challenges) having him in our home. We are so excited to see what Cameron does once he leaves the nest. I have faith that he will continue to make good choices and set good examples.




No comments:
Post a Comment