It seems as almost everyday is a hard day around here, but Wed. was a particularly hard one. It started with H waking up at 4:22am and not wanting to go back to sleep. I tried rocking with her, giving her the pacifier, laying in bed with her, laying on the couch with her. Nothing...she was ready for the lights to be on. We had gone to bed fairly late and I can't remember if or how many times I had gotten up with C. The nights all run together these days. So, I was tired but I went out for a run and realized how tired I was. It wasn't pretty. Our routine is to eat breakfast when I get home from my run, play a little bit, watch Caillou, then go to the YMCA. But every other Wed. I do a private yoga session at 9:30 and teach a 10am class, so we had some time between Caillou and the Y. C wanted to watch a movie, so even though I said I would play with him and he could save the movie for quiet time, he chose to watch the movie. I asked him what he would do during quite time and he said, read books and stuff. Yeah, right! Anyway, when we are getting in the car, I realize that Chuck had taken the van in to get the oil changed which had all my music for group exercise in it. So, I had to teach a body conditioining class with no music and I couldn't wait for it to be over. H actually wasn't a basket case when we got home. So, we had some lunch and I went to put her down for her nap and she refused. But she really really wanted her pacifier which I usually only give to her in her crib for nap time. But I let her have it and told her she would have to take a nap in a few minutes. And this is what happened....
She did let me put her in her crib which was nice. Now, C's TV time is used up and I want some time to myself. I do try to limit the amount of TV C watches but am still embarrased at how much he watches. And as I've mentioned many times this kid does not play by himself. So, as I'm working on invitiations for C's b-day party (in my alone/quiet time) he is laying on the floor fussing at me to play with him. I ingnored him telling him that it was my quiet time and that it's too bad he chose to watch a movie rather than play with me. And to my surprise, this is what happened...

And because of the delayed naps, we did not make it to our play group at the park. But there were a couple of good things that happened during the day. I noticed H was about to poop, so I asked if she wanted to use the potty and she did! I'll spare you the picture. And for some odd reason, neither one of the kids were on my lap during dinner. This is so rare, that it would only strike me when it did happen.
How can you love someone so much and be so frustrated by them!?!
2 comments:
Ok, first of all, you don't even want to KNOW how much TV Dean watches. It's really embarrassing. And he's actually pretty good at playing by himself. But he still manages to watch too much TV. I've stopped Caillou though. Man I hate that kid. He is so whiny and such a little brat. Dean loves that show and recently he has been doing and saying LOTS of little things exactly like Caillou in a whiny little Caillou voice that I can't stand. So, no more Caillou. So far, he has only specifically asked for it a few times and those were at times it wasn't on so I didn't have to lie. But we have enough brattiness at our hosue without Caillou's whininess thrown into the mix!!!
I really loved reading this! My mom and I had a "discussion" last night about how I have made Eliza clingy/needy and what's cute at 3 isn't cute at 13..blah, blah, blah...
You made me feel normal! Having kids isn't easy!
Post a Comment