Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is it normal for...

an almost 4 year old to:
  • not be sleeping thru the night?
  • not play by himself - ever?
  • have to control everything and everyone?
  • hit himself or hit his head on the wall when he doesn't get his way?
  • take off his pants, including underwear, when he doesn't get his way?
  • ...

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Sounds rough! It's really hard to define "normal", especially on a hard day. I applaud your honesty. I think "normal" is tainted because everyone is trying to mask it! If more people were honest about raising kids we'd all feel better (or at least more understood), I think!

Kristin said...

Carson likes to hit himself on the head too but not when he gets mad. Everyone keeps telling me things get easier when they turn 4 but Carson seems to be getting worse with the defiance and tantrums. Maybe Hannah needs to sleep in Cameron's room to keep him company at night. You have to be so frustrated that he is not sleeping because he "should" know better. Maybe everything will magically change when he turns 4 next week!

The Rhiens said...

I don't know what "normal" is, but hang in there. It was fun to see everyone over Easter.

Love ya!
Earlene