For many, many years, Chuck has gone backpacking for a week each summer with a group of friends (many have come and gone). This year, he decided to make the trip gentle enough that Cameron and any other kids that wanted to go, could handle it. Unfortunately, the only people that went, out of many that were invited, were my brother, Jonathan, his son, Darien (age 5) and Lily and Emma. But despite the small turnout, they had a great time. Chuck said the boys did great. C hiked all but about a mile and Darien just about the whole thing. And they were only "sore" with each other about 45 minutes the whole trip. (Now, I found that hard to believe. Normally these boys just beat each other up!) The trip started Sunday morning in Vallecito, CO and ended Saturday in Needleton where they caught the train to Durango. It was 6 nights, 7 days and about 25 miles. BSofA look out! They experienced rain, hail, and snow along the way. They also saw goats, marmots, and a moose. C told me that Darien saw a bear, but I don't think that is true. Hannah and I missed them and we are glad that are back safe and sound. Maybe next year, H will go to! Here are just a few of the many pictures.
1 comment:
Ahhh...camping trips. Looks like Royalty camping is slightly different than Harper camping! I can't believe you don't go on these trips. If he could, I know my Dad would be saying "Didn't I teach you anything Rebekah?". Seeing these pics brings back lots of memories! Remember that trip to Silverton and we went on that horseback ride? Tell Jonathan I want to know if he busted up any chifferobes out there. (people who read this are going to be like "what the?")
Post a Comment