Thursday, February 2, 2017

Spelling B

H (age 9) was one of two kids in her class to advance to the school spelling bee. After school the day of the bee, she was very excited about how she did. But her excitement was short lived when a boy came over to me and told me she did not do very good. Of course, I told this boy that H did well and that he was not being very nice. And I consoled H. As we were walking away, H told me she wanted me to call his mom. I said I would not because I don't like tattle telling and I certainly wasn't going to tattle on a kid. I also said I had told him that he was not being nice and H said, "Yeah, but you were too nice when you said it." So, she came home and wrote him a note. (see the picture). Originally, the note said B not bee and peace, not piece. It was too cute to change, but since we were talking about a spelling bee, I had her change it. She also wrote, "Please stop or you WILL be sorry". I told her that wasn't very nice, so she changed it to the golden rule part. I wasn't sure if I should let her give it to him, but I decided to let them work it out. And she did give it to him. And she told him he better show it to his mom. Oh, and on the front there is just an X. I said why did you put an X and she said, "Well, I wasn't going to draw him a pretty picture."


It says, "Hugo, I got far into the school spelling bee so you can't say I did bad because I got farther  than you.  I do not like the way you treat me and if you do not stop, I will give you a piece of my  mind.  Please stop or you will be given a poster of the golden rule.  Please stop.  from Hannah Royalty PS I hope you know what the golden rule is.

No comments: