Saturday, July 18, 2009

No Joy in Detroit...

for mighty Chuck has crashed out.
Chuck left Thurs. morning for the Ford testing grounds in Detriot where races for the Worlds Human Powered Vehicle Assocation would be taking place. He was planning on doing the 1 hour and 6 hour race, trying to set a new world record in both. But 40+ minutes into the 1 hour race, he was on his side sliding to a stop at 40+mph. I got the details (from an engineer) on the failure, but it really didn't mean much to me, so I can't bore you with the details. Basically, the bike had a mechanical failure. Chuck was not injured but unfortunately, no one got it on video or even in photos. So, there will be no more racing. Everyone is pretty bummed, but they also realize things like this happen. It's just too bad, so sad that so much money, time, energy, training etc. went to waste.



1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

That stinks! I would have loved to see a photo! Glad he wasn't hurt!!!!