Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please Pass the Puke and Poop

So, I won't go into too much detail, but we had quite the little flu/stomach bug around our house recently. I am very rarely sick, Chuck is occasionally sick and the kids have never been sick, so it was must have been some bug. After dinner about 2 weeks ago, C threw up. He then woke during the night with diarrhea and puking. I didn't want to risk taking him into the child care at the Y, but I had to teach yoga the next morning, so I took him with me (see picture below) He was lethargic the whole day, but that was basically it. We went to the Pointe Hilton Tapatillo Resort for the 4th of July, and I woke up feeling really bad, thinking it was because I needed to eat, but as I was almost done with breakfast, I started throwing up. I felt okay after that and we managed to spend some fun time at the pools. But once we were home, there was more throwing up. I still felt bad on Sunday and Chuck started feeling bad also. And just after we had gone to bed, H woke up and had puked everywhere! It was a mess. At least C made it to the toilet both times. A couple times as I threw up H was watching and she would mimic me after I'd get up. So maybe she'll know what to do next time. Chuck insisted on painting the house on Mon. and not thinking I'd still be sick, I taught a step and cycling class. I threw up after cycling. On Tues. Chuck rode his bike to work and thinking he was "okay" ate a meatball sub at lunch. Needless to say, Tues. night he was not doing well. He still went to work on Wed. and was in bad shape Wed. night. I told him he'd feel much better if he'd throw up (he'd been reisisting, how you do that, I don't know). So, he threw up and it was uphill from there. I would have said I had it the worst until Chuck got it, but by not taking it easy, eating a meatball sub and resisting the urge to puke, he didn't make it any easier on himself. We are all doing better now! Chuck has his big race this weekend. He lost about 8 pounds, so he is trying to get that put back on and is very worried about not being able to regain his strength. So, send positive thoughts and energy his way!






1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

The baby had the flu a few weeks ago. It was terrible. The only thing he could keep down was water for over 24 hours. Hope everyone at your house has recovered.