Sunday, July 5, 2009

Royalty Baby #3 is on the way!

After a temporary lapse of judgement, I decided we should have another baby. And yes, I did mean to say I. Several months before H turned 2, I started thinking/wondering if we should have another baby. I'm content with the 2 kids and I don't feel the need to make my life harder, but being from a family of 7, I really want my kids to have siblings. Plus, I feel like we can provide a good, loving home to some of the little spirits waiting to come experience mortality. So, I approached the subject with Chuck. Of course, he will do whatever I want, but he was NOT thinking we should have another baby. Although, things haven't really gotten easier, he felt like we were starting to see "the light at the end of the tunnel". And Cameron has been and still is so hard, Chuck doesn't think we can handle another one. And although, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have another Cameron, because I could NOT handle that, I do have more faith than Chuck that we can handle another one. So, thinking it would take a couple of months we started to try. Well, it did not take a couple months thus NOT leaving me with time to change my mind (probably a good thing if it's meant to be) and leaving us with a due date in early January; not when I wanted to have a baby. I felt nothing for about 6 weeks, and all the sudden, my belly popped out, I was exhausted and I felt very nauseous. After a couple weeks of nausea, I started feeling really hungry. But that hasn't really seemed to last like it did in my previous pregnancies. I'm still a little tired, but other than that I feel pretty good. And although I do have my fears, as things progress, I am getting more excited.

I used a group practice with C and was not impressed with the OBGYNs. So, with H, I used a midwife and it was great! So, I made my first appointment with the midwife I saw with H. She is still doing prenatal care, but not deliveries. When H was born, she and another midwife were doing all the deliveries, unless there were complications, at St. Joes. If there were complications one of OBs they worked under did the delivery. But most of the OB's time was spent at Good Sam with the midwifes not being allowed to deliver there. Since then, the OBs decided they didn't want to go between the two hospitals, which left the midwifes unable to do deliveries. So, if I stay with this midwife, whichever doctor is on call would do the delivery. And although it's nice to have a midwife for the prenatal care, it's the delivery that really counts. I don't think I'm comfortable having an OB deliver, so I'm going to check to see if there are any midwifes that do deliveries that are covered by my insurance.

As with our other kids, we have no plans on finding out the gender.

6 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Congrats!!! That's very exciting news!!!

Jamie and Family said...

I like your explanation and calling it a "temporary lapse of judgement".....because by the third you KNOW what you're getting into which can make you both calmer and more freaked out at the same time! Many mothers can relate. Congrats!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I cannot believe you did not tell me today! I was wondering if you might be pregnant when you came swimming last week but I did not want to say anything. Hopefully you will have another girl so Madelyn has a playmate too. Hopefully you feel better and get some more energy soon.

Angela said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome!

The Rhiens said...

Congratulations to your little family! Hope this pregnancy goes well for you and speeds by. :)

Love ya!
Scott and Earlene

The Palmer family said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! I totally knew. Nice way to play it off though. Welcome to the crazy club!