Our ward hosted a campout and I decided to go. I decided to go because it was only for one night, I knew the kids would play with the other kids around and hopefully leave me alone, and I wanted Christian to have the experience camping as a baby (yes, I know he won't remember, but he will look at the pictures of C and H camping when they were babies and ask why I didn't take him). We camped NE of the valley about 2.5 hours. The kids were great! I am very impressed with their camping skills. I was great too. I didn't complain at all! There was a stream that was a little cold, but the kids loved it. It was cool and a bit drizzly on Saturday morning, making for a great run, minus the hills!
C caught a tadpole. He wanted to bring it home and said we could make it a house out of a box that we could cut windows in. I told him the tadpole would die and needed to be in the stream. After some tears, he settled for a video.
H was very adventurous and brave. She walked all over in the stream and even held a horny toad. (I pointed it out to her and she tried to catch it. I didn't want to catch it, so I called over a little girl C's age who had no problem catching it)
Christian decided he needed some real food, so he took a pancake off Chuck's plate and started eating it.
No comments:
Post a Comment