Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Frustrated (yet again)
Today we took baby C for what I thought was going to be his pre-op appt. for his circumcision and (possible) hydrocil. (If you recall, his circ was started but not finished because the pediatrician thought he had hypospadias, which he did not. But by the time we figured that out, his circ could not be done in the office but has to be done out patient surgery.) So, after a long wait, the urologist said that he still has the hydrocil and wants to wait to see if it corrects itself (they are common but do usually correct themselves by 10-12 months) before doing the circ, because he'll just correct them at the same time. Now, originally my understanding was that they could/would do the circ as early as 6 months AND if he still had the hydrocil, they would correct that then also. IF I had known they wanted to wait to see if the hydrocil corrected itself before doing any type of surgery, I would have waited 3 more months to schedule the pre-op appt. That would have saved us having to go to this appt., wasting our time and money...BTW - does anyone in the medical profession care about wasting patients time and money?!? SO, in 3 months, we get to see the urologist again for another pre-op appt and then maybe we can get this surgery done. I have been told the sooner the better because as the baby gets older, it is more traumatic because they understand more of what's going on. Which is why I wanted to do this around 6 months rather than a year. The procedure and recovery won't be any riskier or more difficult however. So, do you think I want to pull out my hair! Yes, I do! I don't think we'll be having any more babies here, but if we were to, lesson learned: JUST DON"T CIRCUMCISE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment