Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

C started Kindergarten! He was so excited. We met the teacher and visited his classroom last week. He got a new red backpack with matching lunch box (even though there was nothing wrong with his old backpack) He got up about 5:30, which was a little early, so I put him in our bed while I got up to make the blueberry coffee cake he requested for breakfast. His school starts at 7:40 but they can be dropped off as early as 7:10. The plan is for Chuck to take him to school on his way to work, either walking or riding bikes. But for his first day, I met them there. They were running a little late, so I didn't get to see him go into the school because I had a class to go teach. He looked a little nervous when I left, but he was okay to be on his own.


Since he walked to school and has recess, I asked if he wanted to take a hat. That is the one he chose.


He of course didn't talk about his day too much. But he said he liked it. I asked if he made any new friends and he said he made everyone in his class his friend. He was excited to go back the next day.

No comments: