Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lily is 18!

Lily turned 18 on the 21st of Nov. It's hard to believe that she was 8 when Chuck and I started dating. She was able to join us for birthday dinner where she requested pot pies and mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. I took some liberties with the ice cream cake and made a Mint Oreo Ice Cream which received rave reviews. Fortunately, she did not feel the need to get a tattoo or buy cigarrettes on her birthday (so she says:))

Here is a little update from her:
Hello everyone! I'm just writing a quick update on my life! This year is my senior year at Tempe Prep. Football is over :( We had a pretty good season considering we went from 1A to 2A (8-man to 11-man football). I got to be a captain the Homecoming game, which was pretty awesome, but unfortunately I tore my ACL in my second play of the game, and it ended my season early. It was all worth it though and it was a great experience! I have surgery just after Christmas on the 28th, so wish me luck!
High school has been a really great experience, and I love my school, but I am excited for next year. I am most- likely headed to Northern Arizona University in the fall 2010. I am still not positive about what I want to study, but I am thinking about going into music (I have been singing for TPA for 4 years now), or possibly athletic training. Different sides of the spectrum, I know! Every year, the seniors at Tempe Prep go on a trip to Washington D.C. for a week. We go to museums, tour the city, visit monuments, the works. The cost is about $1000 per student. The students are fund-raising and working to raise the money. I am writing to family members and friends to say that if you need any jobs done; babysitting, cleaning, or anything really, I am looking for work! If you would even like something made, I am pretty crafty!:)I hope you all are well!

No comments: