Saturday, January 30, 2021

Happy 11th Birthday Christian!

 We started Christian's birthday celebrations on the Saturday before his birthday.  We took 3 of his best friends to play mini-golf.  We played a round of 18 holes before a couple of the kids were ready to move on.  They REALLY wanted to drive the bumper cars, so I did let them do that even thought I don't think it's worth the money.  We had ice cream cake at the house and the kids played for a bit longer.



white cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream topped with chocolate shavings and Oreos

Trex, Dominic, Nicholas


On Sunday we had dinner with Camera and Emily and their families.  Christian requested breakfast burritos.

On Wednesday, (his actual birthday) we went to dinner at Mongolian BBQ.  



I can't believe my baby is 11!  At age 11 Christian weighs 79 pounds and is 4 feet 8 inches tall.  He is such a sweet, talented, smart, studious and handsome boy.  He has been reading a lot this year.  This year, on his own, he has read many of the Wings of Fire books, most of the City of Ember series, and he just finished the 5th Harry Potter Book.  With Chuck he read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series and is now reading the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series.  He still loves to play with Legos and loves math.  He also loves video games, but playing with Cameron almost always ends in frustration.  He is still taking piano lessons, but he has to be constantly reminded to practice.  He doesn't love playing the piano but he does believe he will regret it if he quits.  This last year was a hard one to be active and outside.  He doesn't like to go out alone and it doesn't usually end well when he goes out with Cameron.  But if he has someone to play with, he loves to play outside (as long as it's not football).  Christian can be quite the talker.  He will talk and tell stories to anyone.  He can often be heard recapping what he read, what happened in a movie or what happened on the video game he was playing.  Although I can see the pre-teen/teen attitude creeping in, he is still a pretty sweet and helpful boy.  When Christian is a jerk to me, he always realizes it and apologizes.  What a great trait!  He believes he loves me more than I love him.  But I guarantee that's not possible!


For Christmas, Christian made Cameron a coupon book.  I thought it was the cutest thing ever.  However, he probably regrets giving it to Cameron at times.  Cameron is definitely taking full advantage of it.  








No comments: