Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Thanksgiving 2020

We were worried that the Turkey Trot was not going to take place this year.  We have done it every year for 19 consecutive years.  But it did happen and we successful ran our 20th Turkey Trot.  It was a smaller crowd and they did omit the fun run/walk but other than that, it was business as usual.  Both the 5K and 10K started at the same time.  Chuck, Cameron and Christian got a little earlier start than H and I did.  (They had groups go in waves.)  Cameron ran his own race, Chuck and Christian ran together and I started out with Hannah.  Once she slowed down, I caught up with Chuck and Christian.  Once Christian turned off for the 5K, Chuck chased Cameron down.  I tried to chase Cameron down but never did catch him.  Cameron's time was 55:47, Hannah was 33:35, Christian was 30:25 and mine was 1 hour 38 seconds.  I was actually surprised I ran that fast.  I never time my runs, but I figure these days I am running more than a 10 minute mile.  I was very impressed with all the kids' times.  After the race, we spent time fixing dinner.  We were joined by Cameron, Jomo, Melody, Emily, Raygan and Rylee.
This year Judy (Grandma Kitty) was also able to be with us.



 

No comments: